There are various versions of embutido, e.g tuna embutido, chicken embutido and beef embutido.
– Mixing bowl
– Measuring cups and spoons
– 1 lb. ground pork
– 1/2 cup finely chopped carrots
– 1 cup (6 slices) finely chopped (sweet or cooked) ham
– 3 tbsp. minced green bell pepper
– 3 tbsp. minced red bell pepper
– 1/3 cup sweet pickle relish
– 1/4 cup raisins
– 3 whole eggs
– 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
A dash of liquid seasoning, Salt & pepper, to taste
– 1 tbsp. cornstarch
– Slices (wedges) of hardboiled egg
– Slices (wedges) of Vienna sausage
– Aluminum foil, 10-inches-by-12-inches sizes
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a bowl, combine all the food ingredients and mix until well blended.
3. Divide the mixture into portions, depending on how many you want to make.
4. Spread and flatten the mixture onto the center of each aluminum foil.
5. Evenly divide the slices of hardboiled eggs and sausages so that each mixture gets an equal share. Place the slices at the center of each mixture.
6. Carefully roll the aluminum foil into a tightly packed log about 1 inch to 2 inches in diameter, sealing on both ends.
7. Place the wrapped embutido in a steamer and steam for an hour.
8. Let cool and slice it into rings to serve.
9. Freeze unused logs.