Here is a Orange Coconut Cookies Recipe:
- 2-1/2 cups sifted all-purpose flour,
- 1 tsp salt, 1 cup butter,
- 2/3 cup sugar,
- 2 tbsp grated orange rind,
- 1 tbsp grated lemon rind,
- 2 eggs well beaten,
- 1 cup shredded coconut.
- Sift flour and salt; beat butter until it is creamy; add sugar beating all the time; add orange rind and lemon rind, beaten eggs, mix well;
- add 1/2 the flour, mix; stir in the coconut, add rest of flour, mix; drop on ungreased sheet and bake 375ºF 10 minutes.
- Spread with confectioners’ sugar icing tinted yellow or red on each, then decorate with grated orange and lemon peel and cherries. Makes 4 dozen.
Enjoy your Orange Coconut Cookies.